Friday 27 April 2012

Tutorial 7: Linking to Blogs of Interest


For the purpose of this task I have searched Blogger.com and Google Reader to find blogs that are of interest to me as an Occupational Therapy student. I have attached a number of OT specific websites, a website about a new graduate Occupational Therapist, a fellow student's blog and a paediatric OT blog which provides viewers with a diverse range of activities to do with children to improve balance, fine motor skills and much more.
I have made comments on different parts of each of these blogs in the hope that the administrators or others can answer my questions.
One communication that I have had as a result of my blog postings is in relation to the use of Equine Therapy for children with autism.

Rachel McCoy: 4 May 2012 02:27pm

Hi Louise,
I was just wondering what do you do in these situations where children are fearful or uncomfortable about getting on the horses and riding them?
I can imagine this would sometimes be a bit of a challenge.

To which the blogger replied:

This is a valid point Rachel. They have a special programme for children who are not comfortable around horses and this is a seperate program from others. The therapists work alongside the childre to overcome these barriers.

No comments:

Post a Comment